Tuesday, June 7, 2011

An ordinary and not-so ordinary day

Happy Tuesday Everyone! I hope that everyone is having a great start to their week! I'm a bit sleep deprived - totally by choice, but because I chose to stay up late instead of sleeping, I have all of this to share with you today - aren't you lucky?!?!

Okay, so quick story...During the past couple of weeks, our babysitter was on vacation, so the Grammys really stepped up to help us out by watching PJ for a couple of days each - thanks Grammys!!! And since my mom doesn't live in the same town as us, we offered for her to stay with us for those couple of days and she offered us to have our first night away - eek! I have to admit, I was a bit weary about an overnight trip. But, can I just say, it was amazing! We decided to stay pretty close in the next town and spent the night at this slightly haunted amazing historical hotel in the downtown area. Of course, I had to ask a completely random person to take our picture together to commemorate the event...
We had dinner at the hotel and then made our way around the downtown area for drinks... Then, a completely random thing happened...we ended up running into one of Jake's childhood friends who was having a wedding reception. We ran into him while he was standing outside and invited us in...little did we know, that only our favorite 80's cover band was playing! NICE! Needless to say, we had a super fun time and made the most of our night out...And of course, I ended up checking in quite a few times, but PJ was a gem for my mom and even went to sleep at a reasonable time! Go mom! My mom was afraid to say it, but I'm not really even sure PJ was all that aware that we were gone - so glad to have that under our belt, so that the next time won't be so scary :) Thanks again, mom - you rock!!!

Layout time...
So, here's one of the latest layouts that I've made using the a bundle of crate paper. I love this line!
And some close-ups......
On a sidenote....As I've been looking through my scrapbooks recently, I've noticed that some of the titlework has started to move around and slip, so one of my newest trends is to sew the letters on to stay in place, which really serves a cosmetic and functional purpose! So there you have it folks!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Photobucket

Pin It

5 comments:

Mindy Miller said...

I love The Eldridge! But, I didn't know it was haunted. :)

Spardha said...

WOW!.. super fab LO!.. love the stitching! :)

cinnibonbon said...

Such a lovely photo!! And how awesome was it to see an old friend?

Did you see any ghost?? heheh

Love the layout!!!

BTW...my big news is that I quit my federal jobs and we are moving!!!! So terrifed and excited at the same time.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

I will have to try the sewing on the letters - what a gorgeous layout! Lovely photo of you both. It must have been such a treat to go away together like that :)

Suz said...

Glad you got a much needed getaway in --and that it was so spectacular! The first time leaving the wee ones is difficult...but it does get easier each subsequent time. :)