Thursday, February 11, 2010

Product Review - Tim Holtz' Distress Crackle Paint

For those of you who are regular readers, you may have noticed that I am trying out some new things to sort of add of some new spunk to my pages. One of the newest items that I have been tryingout is Tim Holtz's Crackle Paint. I decided that I would test out the product on a piece of chipboard to be used in a future LO. I didn't realize it when I purchased the bottle that it had an application brush built into the lid...wanted to be sure you all knew that so you didn't make the same mistake I did and buy separate brushes - silly me! I discovered that if you want the crackle to really show through, you will want to put a good thick layer on your chipboard. However, I would note that if you put a good thick layer, you are going to have to give it a few hours to dry. Below is a picture taken immediately after application. The picture listed below was taken approximately 20 minutes following the application. As you can see the crackle begins to take place on the corners as it dries...

Overall, I would give this product an A+; I think it brings a little something different to the page - you just have to be willing to let it sit for a good 24 hours before you put the finished product in the page protector. Enjoy!

Pin It

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Very cool!

(And you asked a while ago about a scanner...I don't have a large scanner--in fact they are very expensive--I just take pictures standing over my page outside on my porch and then edit them in photoshop)

Jen Martakis said...

What a fun product. I have some crackle paint sitting around that I never did play with....I need to get it out. :)

Jody said...

I love the look of crackle, thanks for the demo, looks great :)

mean mom productions said...

like the crackle paint

Kim Faucher said...

I love mine... the problem is Im too impatient and never wait long enough.. then the paint gets gummy

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh I just love that stuff. I really need to get some more! You have inspired me to get mine out and play! :)